The crisp day began in the morning mists with check-in, hot coffee, and some rules orientation. The morning rounds consisted of two fishing sessions and a "bye" cutting the contestants to three for the afternoon finals. Angelo Conti, Stuart Shaffron, and John Wester battled it out until a few minutes before the bell with ANGELO CONTI taking top honors. There was a serious amount of talent in the waters of the South Branch for this event. Thoughtful fly selections, multiple styles and plenty of river stewardship was evident all day long. The fellowship grew into the evenings banquet and generous amounts of camaraderie.
10 T.U. Chapters and two watershed associations were represented. The contestants had a terrific time!
- "Jake" Frank LaMotta - Rahway River T.U.
- Johnny Utah - Ridge and Valley Chapter
- Jeff Kurt - Raritan Valley
- Cliff Behrens - East Jersey T.U.
- Darren Rist - Northern T.U.
- Christina Muller - Ray Nearly T.U.
- Bill Silva - Ken Lockwood T.U.
- Fred Poulle - Raritan Headwaters Watershed Association
- Bob Simpson - Jersey Shore T.U.
- Angelo Conti - Ernest Schweibert T.U.
- John Westor - Central Jersey T.U.
- Stewart Shafron - Musconetcong Watershed Association